Customer Comments
If you would like to leave a comment about your fishing trip, this is the place to do it.  Thanks

John and Taylor Glines on May 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM said:

We just got back from our third fishing trip with Larry and as usual, it was one to remember. We were fishing for Salmon but since they didn't seem to be in the river, Larry suggested we catch some sturgeon. My 14 year old daughter and I have been fishing with Larry for the last three years during our annual spring trip to Portland and have never been disappointed with his service or ability to find big fish. Before the end of the day we had landed and released 11 sturgeon and had a great time. If you're looking for a friendly and knowledgeable guide for a day of fishing, I highly recommend Larry.
David Komning on April 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM said:

I've been fishing a lot for years around here and yesterday was one of my greatest experiences. Larry is professional, organized, on task and friendly. We enjoyed a beautiful day on the Willamette and it was so relaxing and comfortable.
I was amazed at Larry's ability to maneuver between boats and keep us fishing and safe. Bathroom breaks were included to keep us happy. His boat is equipped with the latest and greatest gear and kept clean.
I would recommend this guy to anyone who wants to learn or a pro that just wants to enjoy our great Northwest fisheries! I WILL be going out fishing with Larry again! Thanks Larry!!
Zach Arrambide on April 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM said:

Money well spent. We did a full day fishing trip, Larry was ready to go, put us right on the fish. Great guide, very professional and good gear. Larry has been fishing these rivers since he was a kid and knows where to go. When we come back to Portland, we will come back to visit Hook'em Up Guide Service!

Thanks Larry!
Fish On on April 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM said:

A buddy of mine and I from South Texas did a last minute trip with Larry. It was awesome, I told him I wanted a 50 lb sturgeon and soon as we anchor up first fish was spot on. He probably has some sort of fish catching magical powers because he put us in the action all day long. We could not ask for a better trip or guide. I would absolutely go fishing with Larry again and highly recommend using him to anyone who wants to catch fish, or even just catch a buzz.

Tight Lines
Shawn “Squirrel” Terrell
Tim McPhee on March 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM said:

I am from the area and booked a trip with Larry to hopefully learn a little bit about fishing for spring salmon. Larry was very helpful not only about the area that we were fishing, but gave me tips about fishing all over the Pacific Northwest. He was super friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I will be booking other trips with him in the future.

Thanks for the good time Larry!
Jim and Brian Tani on August 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM said:

My son and I went fishing for salmon in Astoria with Larry, his son, and a couple other fun people on August 21. My son found Larry's website as we were planning for our summer trip to Central Oregon. It was a long drive to Astoria, but Larry said that fishing would be great in mid-august there, and he was right. Larry was real friendly, enthusiastic, and motivating. He did a great job finding good fishing spots while surrounded by many other boats in the river. He made sure everyone’s lines were baited well and at the right depths at all times. The results: we collectively got 8 fish in the boat, kept 5 awesome chinooks, and had the best time fishing ever. My son reeled in a 23 pounder and I got an 18 pounder. We'd definitely go fishing with Larry again. Granted, we were visiting from Northern Virginia, so it might be a while...but I know it'd probably be worth the wait. Thanks for the exciting experience for my son and me, Larry.
Tom McGuire on August 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM said:

Absolutely a great experience! My son and I caught our salmon limit, caught 22 crabs, and made a lifetime of memories! This was our first trip to Astoria, third trip out with Larry. Every trip with Larry was better than the last! Highly recommend Hook Em Up!
Alita Nelson on August 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM said:

I booked a last minute trip to go out fishing. It was a very relaxed and amazing trip. I caught an awesome salmon and Larry was an excellent guide. He was very knowledgeable about the area and fishing techniques. I would recommend anyone wanting to have a great trip book with Larry. I know I will be booking another trip.
Khiem Lam on July 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM said:

We booked with Larry for a Friday morning Steelhead trip. Great guide. He was prompt, very personable, and very knowledgeable about fishing up and down the Oregon area. I am also glad that Larry showed us how to fish for the steelhead and trusted us enough with his equipment to let us fish with it. The boat is an awesome open boat meant for fishing. We managed to bring home a few steelhead so the trip in all was fantastic. I hope to return one day for some Spring Chinook or one of his crabbing trips.
Kathy grant on July 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM said:

My husband bought me this steelhead fishing trip for my birthday. What an amazing experience! We caught 11 pound fish, laughed a lot and just had a great time out on the boat with Larry. I would highly recommend him for a fun fishing trip. We'll be booking another trip with him soon. Thanks Larry!
Steve Deck on July 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM said:

Larry is a great guide. I was out for a conference in Portland and decided to book a trip online so I was a little worried if I would find a good guide (I am all the way from Pennsylvania). Larry was at the dock on time, has a nice boat, good equipment and really knows the area and his fishing. And he is a very nice person. I would recommend him to anyone going to Portland. Steve
Dan Bergmeyer Lincoln, Ne on July 19, 2012 at 7:59 AM said:

What a fun fishing trip. Nice deep boat with really comfy chairs. Extra clean and well kept boat. Caught 6 fish, 2 keepers. Guide was friendly and funny, worked hard to get us on the fish. Two boats, one on each side of us failed to catch a fish. The guide even offered tips to these guys to try to help them get a catch. Then went to Jakes for great seafood dinner. Thanks Larry. Dan, Nancy, Dick and Sondra.
Brian on April 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM said:

Went for fun and caught a sturgeon of a life time! WOW!
salmon fishing was slow,so Larry put us on MONSTER sturgeon! 2 6foot plus!!!! and prob 40 in the 2-5 foot range! AMAZING!
even in the slow salmon bite we still got one! 25lber!
deff. put Larry on your list of TO DOs!
thanks again Larry!
Paul on January 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM said:

I've been on a lot of fishing trips over the years including remote Alaska and I've heard all the stories about catching big fish. When my business partner and I decided to go after sturgeon for a day while we were in Portland for a business trip - we did some research online and chose Hook' em up Larry. Larry abosolutely underpromised and overdelivered!!! We had the best trip of our lives and caught at least 20 HUGE sturgeon each. Some were too big to bring in the boat! Larry is an awesome guide, very professional, great guy to hang out with, and has a quality boat set-up. I can't wait to bring my Dad back for a few days of catching MONSTER fish with Hookem' up Larry. Thanks Larry - we had a blast!
Karen Matthews on January 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM said:

My husband and I went to Oregon for our 9 year anniversary and we each picked something we would like to do. My husbands pick was fishing with Larry on the Willamette River. This actually turned into my favorite part of our vaction as well. For a cold and rainy day, Larry did an amazing job of bringing in 35 sturgeon, keeping us dry and warm and making us laugh for the entire trip! I would recommend Hook'em up fishing with Larry to anyone. We are already planning on bringing our kids with us to fish next time!!