Customer Comments
If you would like to leave a comment about your fishing trip, this is the place to do it.  Thanks

< Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
jason mecum on September 12, 2010 at 5:36 PM said:

I took my second trip with Larry and it was the best. He help me land 2 silver salmons and it was fantastic. we were out in the Columbia and the weather was nasty, it was like the deadliest catch and it was awesome. If you want too have a great time with a guide who will actually take the time to get to know you and make your fishing experience a trip to remember i would highly recommend book a trip with Larry.
Erin on September 5, 2010 at 3:39 PM said:

Hey Larry, thanks for an awesome day fishing!
Eric & Haley on August 16, 2010 at 8:02 AM said:

We wanted to thank Larry for the great day on the river in early August. My parents came to visit from out of town and the day we spend on the river with Larry fishing for salmon and steelhead was the highlight of their trip. My dad even wanted to go out again a few days later. I see this becoming a new tradition each time my parents come to town. Larry was so personable and was willing to answer any questions that we had. We caught a great fish and grilled it 2 days later. Thanks again, Larry!! We'll be seeing you again soon.

Eric & Haley
Portland, Oregon
John and Taylor Glines, California on May 23, 2010 at 7:01 PM said:

I took my 11 year old daughter, Taylor on a spring salmon trip with Larry. We happened to hit a day between fish runs but Larry was determined to put Taylor on some great fish. I got to watch as she landed a great keeper fish after setting the hook and bring it all the way in on her own. As a Dad, it doesn't get any better than that and as a guide, they don't get much better than Larry. He was reliable, friendly and fully stocked and prepared for different weather and fishing conditions. We caught plenty of great fish and were comfortable all day in Larry's covered and heated boat. I happily recommend him for anyone looking for a great fishing experience with a friendly guide. He's very patient and encouraging with kids and the onboard photo printer was just the icing on the cake. Thanks Larry!! John and Taylor Glines
Mark Feasel from St. Regis, Montana on April 20, 2010 at 8:20 PM said:

I hooked-up with "Hook'em Up" Larry in late March, 2010 for and early shot at an incredible year for getting into some Columbia River Springers. The weather was not very good to say the least, wind and rain basically all day, but thanks to Larry and his nice boat we had a fantastic trip with 9 hook-ups and 4 fish landed. We saw other fishermen in their open sleds and they looked pretty miserable. Thanks for the covered top and heater Larry.
I've guided flyfishing trips and operated our own bed and breakfast here in Montana for 8 seasons and I know that if you want return clients, you take care of your guests, work hard for them, make them feel welcome and comfortable, and do what it takes to get them into fish. Larry did all of these things and more. I plan on returning to the Columbia in August for more rod bustin' action and I know who I'm hooking up with. Keep tight lines Larry, we'll be back. Mark "Feez" Feasel
Brian Jennings on April 20, 2010 at 10:39 AM said:

We lucked out and found Larry by chance on the web while on a summer 2009 vacation in the Mt. Hood / Portland area. That was our first trip with him, and we've gone two more times since then, most recently a couple weeks ago for springers (we limited the boat!). We have our own boat which we use a lot in Puget Sound and on the WA coast, but it's so nice to go the easier, less stressful route and hire Larry & team for going on the Columbia. Larry is a gentleman with a great sense of humor, and he combines that with special skill for finding the fish and making the overall fishing experience enjoyable! I recently recommended him to all 100+ members of my local fishing club, and I highly recommend him to you and your family!
Lawrence Shafar - Illinois on April 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM said:

Kudos to your service Larry!

Being a novice to Salmon fishing you made my day on the river something I will always remember.

I recommend that anyone would feel completly satisfied with your expert ability to catch these beautiful fish.

It was a fun, extremely comfortable and safe experience.
Thank you, I had a great time.
Scott Franklin on April 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM said:

Hey everyone this is Scotty from the tri-cities I went fishin with larry on the 12th and the 13th of april I just look for one thing in a fishing guide and I have fished with alot and that one thing is personality and someone that im comfortable being around. Larry is a great guide but most of all just fun to be around. He made everyone on that boat feel comfortable and well liked we caught our fish and had great conversation and that for me is an experience I will never forget.When Larry is in the right place for me to fish I will always use him as my guide. Im telling you people book your trips with hook'em up larry and book em quick. Until I see you again Larry keep them lines wet. p.s. say hi to mikey for me sicerely Scott Franklin...............
Joe Vanischak on April 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM said:

Went on a couple of trips while visiting in Portland, Larry made the 1st one with my grandson and another 10 year old a memorable experience - the kids had a great day in the boat in less than optimum conditions and Larry made sure everyone in boat had a chance to catch fish. Grandson caught 20# Springer and has pics that he will treasure. The 2 boys will forever be looking to their next fishing trip as Larry put them into more sturgeon than they could handle. 2nd trip was for adults only and Larry made sure the boat got its limit of Chinook salmon, made sure I had all the direction to hook my own fish. I will return to fish with him anytime I am in the Portland area, look forward to my next trip - no need to search for a better guide, this is the one !!!
Tim on April 19, 2010 at 11:04 AM said:

The boat ride alone was worth it (lots of fun). Catching spring Chinook was the icing on the cake. My friend and I both landed beautiful Chinook about 1 1/2 hrs into the trip. Mine was about 15lbs and my friends was almost 20! Chinook salmon fight hard and it was a thrill to bring them in. Larry is a great guide and does all unpleasant stuff. All we had to do was sit there and enjoy the ride and sights until the poles went wild (Larry sets everything up). I'm sure Larry would have let us do it all, but we chose to only do the fun parts......Larry did the rigging, baiting, netting, killing, gutting & cleaning.......he even offered to cut them up! Larry also takes pictures and prints them up right on the boat. I will definitely be doing this again. A great experience. I highly recommend. Thanks Larry!
< Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >