Customer Comments
If you would like to leave a comment about your fishing trip, this is the place to do it.  Thanks

The Thompsons on June 12, 2014 at 3:43 PM said:

What a great day on the water. Knowledgeable, professional, well equipped, well prepared and a super nice guy! If you want to get "hooked up", Larry is the guy for you. :-)
Bob Topping on May 12, 2014 at 11:55 AM said:

Had a an amazing day catching fish and being with friends. Larry, our guide was on time, well prepared, the bait and tackle were excellent. All we had to do was sit back and have a great time talking with old friends and fishing. The day was rainy but the boat cabin area was warm and dry. Amazing Day, Thank you Larry so much
Neil Mausteller on March 7, 2014 at 8:02 AM said:

A buddy and I made a trip to Portland for a quick break from the ice and snow of Boston. The temperature was ok but of course the day of the trip it was super windy and very rainy to start. Good thing for Larry. His boat had a heater and a top to stay out of the elements. He even brought extra rain gear for us. It was a tough start, but it didn't take long for Larry to put us on the fish. We caught over 30 sturgeon and had a great time. Larry is a very knowledgeable guide and a great guy to fish with. I definitely would use him again. Thanks Larry!
Joe shadder on August 26, 2013 at 5:31 PM said:

We had a fishing trip 2 nd one with you. This time at the beach. Had the best time fishing with you. Same goes for the other 3 guys. Hope you enjoyed the brownies and ribs. We will be contacting you soon to schedule another adventure with you. Would love to hear from you when you go to bonneville and fish. Thanks again for all you do to get us to the fish. It's true what they say. You do hook em up !!!!!!!!! doublejs@bctonline.com 503-632-9095. Cell 971-832-0385. Thanks again. Joe shadder
John Bartholf on May 18, 2013 at 4:45 PM said:

There are fishing guides and then there are GREAT guides. Larry is the utmost professional I've ever gone fishing with. He is so helpful with explaining his every move and teaching you the right way of doing things. I can certainly see why this man has no weight problems because he's always up doing something to better insure his clients are taken care of. If you don't use Larry in the future wellllll, just say the big one got away.eHna8Y
John and Taylor Glines on May 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM said:

We just got back from our third fishing trip with Larry and as usual, it was one to remember. We were fishing for Salmon but since they didn't seem to be in the river, Larry suggested we catch some sturgeon. My 14 year old daughter and I have been fishing with Larry for the last three years during our annual spring trip to Portland and have never been disappointed with his service or ability to find big fish. Before the end of the day we had landed and released 11 sturgeon and had a great time. If you're looking for a friendly and knowledgeable guide for a day of fishing, I highly recommend Larry.
David Komning on April 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM said:

I've been fishing a lot for years around here and yesterday was one of my greatest experiences. Larry is professional, organized, on task and friendly. We enjoyed a beautiful day on the Willamette and it was so relaxing and comfortable.
I was amazed at Larry's ability to maneuver between boats and keep us fishing and safe. Bathroom breaks were included to keep us happy. His boat is equipped with the latest and greatest gear and kept clean.
I would recommend this guy to anyone who wants to learn or a pro that just wants to enjoy our great Northwest fisheries! I WILL be going out fishing with Larry again! Thanks Larry!!
Zach Arrambide on April 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM said:

Money well spent. We did a full day fishing trip, Larry was ready to go, put us right on the fish. Great guide, very professional and good gear. Larry has been fishing these rivers since he was a kid and knows where to go. When we come back to Portland, we will come back to visit Hook'em Up Guide Service!

Thanks Larry!
Fish On on April 23, 2013 at 8:06 AM said:

A buddy of mine and I from South Texas did a last minute trip with Larry. It was awesome, I told him I wanted a 50 lb sturgeon and soon as we anchor up first fish was spot on. He probably has some sort of fish catching magical powers because he put us in the action all day long. We could not ask for a better trip or guide. I would absolutely go fishing with Larry again and highly recommend using him to anyone who wants to catch fish, or even just catch a buzz.

Tight Lines
Shawn “Squirrel” Terrell
Tim McPhee on March 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM said:

I am from the area and booked a trip with Larry to hopefully learn a little bit about fishing for spring salmon. Larry was very helpful not only about the area that we were fishing, but gave me tips about fishing all over the Pacific Northwest. He was super friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I will be booking other trips with him in the future.

Thanks for the good time Larry!
Jim and Brian Tani on August 30, 2012 at 8:50 PM said:

My son and I went fishing for salmon in Astoria with Larry, his son, and a couple other fun people on August 21. My son found Larry's website as we were planning for our summer trip to Central Oregon. It was a long drive to Astoria, but Larry said that fishing would be great in mid-august there, and he was right. Larry was real friendly, enthusiastic, and motivating. He did a great job finding good fishing spots while surrounded by many other boats in the river. He made sure everyone’s lines were baited well and at the right depths at all times. The results: we collectively got 8 fish in the boat, kept 5 awesome chinooks, and had the best time fishing ever. My son reeled in a 23 pounder and I got an 18 pounder. We'd definitely go fishing with Larry again. Granted, we were visiting from Northern Virginia, so it might be a while...but I know it'd probably be worth the wait. Thanks for the exciting experience for my son and me, Larry.
Tom McGuire on August 15, 2012 at 8:30 PM said:

Absolutely a great experience! My son and I caught our salmon limit, caught 22 crabs, and made a lifetime of memories! This was our first trip to Astoria, third trip out with Larry. Every trip with Larry was better than the last! Highly recommend Hook Em Up!
Alita Nelson on August 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM said:

I booked a last minute trip to go out fishing. It was a very relaxed and amazing trip. I caught an awesome salmon and Larry was an excellent guide. He was very knowledgeable about the area and fishing techniques. I would recommend anyone wanting to have a great trip book with Larry. I know I will be booking another trip.
Khiem Lam on July 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM said:

We booked with Larry for a Friday morning Steelhead trip. Great guide. He was prompt, very personable, and very knowledgeable about fishing up and down the Oregon area. I am also glad that Larry showed us how to fish for the steelhead and trusted us enough with his equipment to let us fish with it. The boat is an awesome open boat meant for fishing. We managed to bring home a few steelhead so the trip in all was fantastic. I hope to return one day for some Spring Chinook or one of his crabbing trips.
Kathy grant on July 20, 2012 at 10:48 PM said:

My husband bought me this steelhead fishing trip for my birthday. What an amazing experience! We caught 11 pound fish, laughed a lot and just had a great time out on the boat with Larry. I would highly recommend him for a fun fishing trip. We'll be booking another trip with him soon. Thanks Larry!