Customer Comments
If you would like to leave a comment about your fishing trip, this is the place to do it.  Thanks

Brian on April 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM said:

Went for fun and caught a sturgeon of a life time! WOW!
salmon fishing was slow,so Larry put us on MONSTER sturgeon! 2 6foot plus!!!! and prob 40 in the 2-5 foot range! AMAZING!
even in the slow salmon bite we still got one! 25lber!
deff. put Larry on your list of TO DOs!
thanks again Larry!
Paul on January 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM said:

I've been on a lot of fishing trips over the years including remote Alaska and I've heard all the stories about catching big fish. When my business partner and I decided to go after sturgeon for a day while we were in Portland for a business trip - we did some research online and chose Hook' em up Larry. Larry abosolutely underpromised and overdelivered!!! We had the best trip of our lives and caught at least 20 HUGE sturgeon each. Some were too big to bring in the boat! Larry is an awesome guide, very professional, great guy to hang out with, and has a quality boat set-up. I can't wait to bring my Dad back for a few days of catching MONSTER fish with Hookem' up Larry. Thanks Larry - we had a blast!
Karen Matthews on January 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM said:

My husband and I went to Oregon for our 9 year anniversary and we each picked something we would like to do. My husbands pick was fishing with Larry on the Willamette River. This actually turned into my favorite part of our vaction as well. For a cold and rainy day, Larry did an amazing job of bringing in 35 sturgeon, keeping us dry and warm and making us laugh for the entire trip! I would recommend Hook'em up fishing with Larry to anyone. We are already planning on bringing our kids with us to fish next time!!
M & J on July 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM said:

We did the easy part and filled the boat with people. Larry helped us fill the boat with fish, and topped it off with color photos in our hands before we left the water! One of the top fishing days of my life! Thanks again!
Rob Hiebert on July 27, 2011 at 8:34 PM said:

Vacationing in Oregon from Kansas with limited time I was able to take my 11 year old son fishing for his first time on the Columbia. Larry was a generous and patient man that helped us to catch fish steadily for the 8 hour trip. We come to Oregon every other year and will be sure to fish with Larry again. It was a trip we will remember for ever.
Reggie Goldsmith-Atlanta, GA on June 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM said:

My daughter from San Francisco, my son from Dallas, and I, from Atlanta, fish together on my birthday, and this year, for my 78th, we fished with Larry -Portland Fishing Trips. The last two years we had fished the Kenai River in Alaska, and Capitiva Island in FL...and this year decided to fish Oregon with Larry....a super guide. We had a blast, and caught sturgeon until our arms were tired. Released them all, but what great fun. Larry will put you on some fish for sure. He has a nice, clean boat, and there was more than enough room on it for the four of us.Good fun and good fishing. It doesn't get any better than that.
Reggie Goldsmith-Atlanta
reggie.goldsmith@att.net
Christopher Snow on June 5, 2011 at 6:37 AM said:

Colby and I thank you for the successful late season fishing on 4 June 2011. With the odds against it, you found and we caught late season Spring Salmon. You’re the go to Guide in Portland; we’ll be back so you can hook us up again.
Thanks, Christopher Snow, Phoenix AZ
Paul N. on May 9, 2011 at 11:14 AM said:

If I ever, and I know I will, go Salmon fishing again in Portland it will be with Captain Larry! Great personality, sense of humor, knowledge of the river and where to catch them and just flat out a great guy to hang out with. I'm not just saying this because I actually caught a Springer either...lol.

Thanks for the great experience Larry and I'll remember the "no yanging" rule for future trips.
Roger on May 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM said:

I have fished with well over a dozen fishing guides from the Bahamas, to Puerto Rico to the Florida Gulf to the Keys and beyond and I can honestly say the Captain Larry is among the Best of Them All!

His tackle was in very good condition, his Boat was clean and safe, his Mr. Heater brand heater was just the trick to take the chill off of us when we got up under the soft top cover after it started to rain. He put us on fish, and we brought a couple “Springers” home. When not too many other boats were in the action, he got it done! Captain Larry not only took a couple of pictures of us, he printed them up and we carried them away when we left, along with few a bags of Oregon’s finest Salmon Filets that he cleaned at the dock!

Bottom Line, if you are looking to catch fish in the Portland area, you owe it to yourself to give Captain Larry a call. I’m sure that he will treat you or you and your family right! Tight Lines…
Daniel Garris Sr & Jr on April 2, 2011 at 10:43 PM said:

We fished the Columbia on 3/31/11,and had a great time. Larry's a pretty cool guy that really knows how to fish the Columbia. In spite of a tuff spring season for the boats on the river,Larry managed too "Hook'em up", sending everyone home with a fish.
Derryal & Lesa John, Paso Robles, CA on April 2, 2011 at 7:52 PM said:

We fished the Columbia March 31 with Dad (89 yrs. young) and had the best time due to Larry's accomodating hospitality and knowledge of the river. We all caught and returned to shore looking forward to booking more trips with Hook 'em Up Guide Service. As the only female fisher person in our group, I really appreciated the heated, clean restrooms at the marina. And to top it all off, Larry even sang his own rendition of the Little Blue Boat to us. We had the best time. Thanks Larry!
Mike on March 27, 2011 at 8:57 PM said:

I just want to thank Larry for an awesome time on the river on saturday the 26th. Larry did an awesome job on getting us fish.I had an awesome experience and very good time. Well worth the time to go. I will see you again soon on another trip. Thanks again.

Mike, Tigard,Oregon
Andrew J Kushner on March 6, 2011 at 9:43 PM said:

About 2 Years ago I was searching the Internet for a Professional Fishing Guide in the Portland area and came across Captain Larry Kesch. I decided to take a chance on the young looking Cpt. and boy was I impressed. This guy knows his stuff. Not only did he get me into my first 2 Chinook Salmon of my life (Both Clipped 0Keepers) but he taught me so much about the area and Nature in General. He was prepared, knowledgeable and a joy to be around. I recall us seeing a huge Sea Lion just feet away from the boat and watching Bald Eagles fight for food on the Banks of the Columbia River. Larry knew his stuff and showed me the beauty of spending a day on the River. Weather fighting fish or just chatting on his beautiful..Heated :) boat, it was an Amazing day and an experience I will cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you Larry for one of the most awesome times of my life. I will be a customer for life and could never repay you for what you gave me. Thanks Again Captain Kesch. AJK
Bill Green Troutdale, Or on March 6, 2011 at 7:25 PM said:

I have fished with Larry on several occasion but today stood out ontop of all others. Not only did he put us on some great fishing but he also made the trip for my wife & young daughters somthing they will never forget! Never a dull moment between the beutiful scenery & great laughs we shared! The fish we caught were just the icing on the cake! Thanks again Hook Em Up Larry for some more great memories we will never forget!!
stan the man on March 5, 2011 at 7:57 PM said:

hay it was great plus ill be back after surgery u r the man stanley c warner